Sunday, December 11, 2011

3 day weekend

I kicked off the 3 day weekend by getting my hair done, I've always wanted to go darker but to nervous to be anything but blonde....well I finally did it. Not quite brunette....more of a dark blonde...but big change for me. 3 days later and its finally growing on me....I think the jury is still out on Ed, but luckily he says I look good with anything :) It looks a little darker in these pics but couldn't quite get the lighting to do it justice.

BEFORE

AFTER

What do you think? The color faded a little after a wash and looks darker without a camera....we'll see how long before I go back to blonde....my little patient's will be all confused now because they call me the "barbie doctor" and barbie's not so blonde anymore :)

Ed and I both took off Friday.  We had planned for Ed to teach me to ski that day....but thanks to the cold we didn't make it. Paying to be outside when it was single digits just didn't sound as appealing.....I'm sure my butt is thanking me for the pain I saved it :) Instead we did errands, went to lunch, then came home and relaxed. That night we went to Edina to dinner with friends, yum!

Saturday we say New Years Eve....cute movie, not much of a plot but I just love when there are that many celebs in a movie! Saturday night I did some shopping at Target, had a few coupons where if you spent 50 bucks you got a $10 gift card, I was not missin out on that! I now have $20 in gift cards :) I made a new recipe last night, turned out delicious! We also made Christmas Rice Krispies...dyed them green and used cornflakes instead of rice krispies so they look like little wreaths...I wish I could say there are a lot left...but well they were REALLY good :) Then we watched Elf and SNL....it was a pretty good episode of SNL, Katy Perry was a fun host!

Mav and his bone....he loves relaxing weekends


Sunday we got up and bundled up for our weekly walk. There is a park near us that is a disc golf course....also doubles as an off leash dog park. The whole thing is about 2 miles to walk and Mav just LOVES being off his leash, he actually listens pretty good too. So we grabbed Starbucks then walked around Lochness. Then made it to the gym after we dropped Mav off to sleep. Good thing we went there b/c when we got home I made homemade Mac N Cheese based on Panera's recipe...yummy but I'm sure fatty too....

Well off to take some toys to drop off that we got for Toys for Tots and a little bit of Christmas shopping. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I love your hair! Be sure to share any new recipes :) J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The mac & cheese recipe (its Panera's recipe, and was amazing) is from this link: http://mypanera.panerabread.com/storiestips-view.php?id=50

    The chicken recipe (also really good, and the gravy was great) is from this link: http://www.mynameissnickerdoodle.com/2010/11/fabulous-food-friday-71.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your hair in person! I am inspired. maybe I will make an appointment and go back to red. ;-) and yae! you fixed the commenting! - Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color! I'll see if it lets me post, couldn't before!

    ReplyDelete