Wednesday, January 29, 2014

36 Weeks

36 weeks! Wow! I did not think we'd make it this far. And now that we have....and that it would be safe if the babies came....I can not stress enough....GET OUT BABIES!!!! There are lots of people waiting to meet you so lets get this show on the road!! I know we will be meeting them in 2 weeks at the latest but I could go for before that and so could their daddy!!! Big brother prefers that nothing changes but he'll adjust to them and love them too :)




Also took a Pinterest inspired photo this week. Took about 10 minutes to get Mav to cooperate but I love it!
Someone loves his brother and sister already.....he just doesn't know it



Weeks along: 36 weeks

Trimester: THIRD!

Frequency of OB appointments: Weekly. This week we have our biophysical profile (ultrasound and stress test) at the hospital and then an OB appointment after

How I'm feeling: GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!  I am done. I am so done with being pregnant from a physical and mental standpoint. I'm sure poor Ed is sick of hearing me whine every night. Horrible dizziness this week. Back pain is horrendous, sharp stabbing pains up and down my back. Can't seem to get enough sleep. Lots of braxton hicks contractions. Tons of edema in my feet, ankles, legs, and lower back/butt. My legs hurt to move because they are so swollen. Mentally I'm just ready to meet these two! I mean really its been 3 years in the making at this point, our bags are packed, nursery is done, lets just get on with it!!! 

Total Weight Gain:  39 pounds (Ugh!)

Babies are the size of: a watermelon

Movement: Lots of kicking and punching in this mama's belly. Huge increase in Braxton Hicks contractions

Cravings:  Fruit and banana splits!

Sleep: Still sleeping without the need for extra pillows. Getting a good 10 hours a night...minus the bathroom breaks which are generally 2+ a night! Poor Mav gets up every time I do....I think he's starting to get as sick of the bathroom breaks as I am!

Wedding ring: On

Stretch marks: Nada!! 

Belly button: Innie! *But its a VERY tight (and small!!!) innie!! 

Bedrest/Restrictions: Only can work 4 days a week and need to take it easy on weekends. No more driving :( I am enjoying the drive with Ed though, nice to have company and not be the one focused on traffic. Also since its been freezing out its nice getting picked up in an already heated car curbside and not having to walk to the parking ramp and get in a cold car!!!

What I miss: Being comfortable! My cute normal clothes. Having ankles. Not having constant pain in my back and legs.

Best part of the week:  Passing another stress test for the babies and knowing they are still healthy as can be. Also getting my hair done, was nice to pamper myself a little and get back to blonde! I haven't gone this light in like 2 years for fear of having horrendous roots if we got pregnant. But now that I know I can keep up with regular hair appts again we are back to blonde! The hubs loves it too :)

New Baby Gear:  Nothing! We are ready!!! 

What I'm looking forward to this week: The hope that maybe the babies want to come out??!?! Looking forward to our doctors appt this week to see if I'm more dilated or if any changes that maybe indicate the babies will come sooner then later. 

Whats left to do before twins come: Finalize baby girl's name. Pamper myself ;) Enjoy the last few nights of sleeping through the night and the last few weekends sleeping in! Spoil Maverick rotten!! 

Here's hoping my next post is about the Twins arrival and not 37 weeks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment